South Road upgrade fully funded
South Road now carries around 40,000 vehicles each day. That’s why I am pleased to report that the South Road upgrade was included in the 2020/21 State Budget. It is now fully funded and will include:
- A third right turning lane at Nepean Hwy
- A second right turning lane at East Boundary Road
- A pedestrian crossing with traffic lights at Bignell Road
- A pedestrian crossing with traffic lights at Tucker Road
- Modification of the South Road, Jasper Road, and Taylor Street intersection to improve traffic flow and safety
Early in the new year, I will be able to provide an update for our community on the possible introduction of peak hour clearways, subject to further consultation.
This project is being jointly funded by the State and Federal governments.