New play spaces for Bentleigh and McKinnon
New places for young and older kids are coming to Bentleigh Hodgson Reserve and McKinnon Reserve, thanks to the Andrews Labor Government.
State Member for Bentleigh Nick Staikos today announced nearly $500,000 from the Government’s Community Sports Infrastructure Fund.
PROJECT SCOPE – HODGSON RESERVE
Installation of a new multipurpose play space
- Aimed at non-structured activity for older teens who have outgrown traditional playgrounds
- Reactivating the underutilised adolescent play space in the park
- Will include a hit up wall, bouldering wall, 3-point basketball court, table tennis table, climbing dome, additional court line markings (e.g. down ball) and social gathering spaces.
PROJECT SCOPE – MCKINNON RESERVE
Installation of non-structured active sports facilities
- An extension to the playground upgrade that will commence early 2019, to diversify the ages and interests that the play space caters for
- Will include a ¾ basketball court with a netball ring and additional court markings, as well as a bouldering wall and social gathering spaces
- The bouldering wall is a custom built facility that will be unique in its nature, to Glen Eira and to Victoria
Quotes attributable to Member for Bentleigh Nick Staikos MP
“This funding will provide a much needed upgrade of play space at two treasured local parks in Glen Eira.”
“It’s a great example of how we’re making sport and recreation more accessible, welcoming and inclusive for all Victorians.”
“The Andrews Labor Government is giving local communities the facilities they need so more locals can play the sports they love.”