Getting on with the Job – Budget 2017
We’re getting on with the job, and this year’s Budget delivers on the things that really matter.
In Bentleigh, that means rebuilding and upgrading our schools, improving community safety, boosting our hospitals, and delivering better public transport. This year’s Budget builds upon our work since 2014, with initiatives including:
- $11.4 million to totally rebuild Bayside Special Developmental School and establish an inclusive, public, disability-friendly playground
- $3.72 million for Stage 2 upgrades at Valkstone Primary School
- Better buses for Bentleigh – full community consultation on options to begin later this year
- $500,000 to plan a new high school in East Bentleigh
- $280,000 for a new, synthetic sports ground at McKinnon Primary School
- Establishing a Specialist Family Violence Court in Moorabbin
- $300m to begin work on the long-awaited Mordialloc Bypass
- $63.2 million to upgrade the Emergency Department at Monash Hospital
With this budget, we’re upgrading a total of 10 local schools, fixing local public transport, supporting kids with the most special needs, boosting our local emergency department, and improving community safety. We’re building a better Bentleigh.
For more information, visit budget.vic.gov.au